Board Member Application
ACA's Nominating Committee is accepting applications from candidates who are interested in serving in a volunteer leadership position in the association. Candidates should:
- Have a strong level of knowledge regarding ACA and the chiropractic profession.
- Have the ability to inspire and empower others, including the ability to recruit new members and mentor young leaders within the association.
- Be strategic in terms of thinking and decision making.
- Be able to see the big picture while looking forward, using logic and reasoning to identify issues as well as the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Have experience in understanding and analyzing financial reports.
- Have the ability to create and foster organizational collaboration, both within and external to the profession.
- Have the ability to review and analyze proposed budgets while keeping in mind ACA's resources, strategic goals, and priorities.
Potential candidates from diverse and under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. The ACA Statement on Diversity includes a commitment to bring, "varied perspectives, experiences, backgrounds, talents and interests to its membership and the profession at large." You can read the entire statement here: Diversity Statement.
Every candidate for governor (except the public member) must be a member of ACA in continuous good standing for at least two years immediately preceding the election, hold an active chiropractic license in the chiropractic profession, and be current in all financial obligations to ACA. Candidates are eligible to serve up to two consecutive 3-year terms.
You must sign in to submit an application.